Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day and Heart Shaped Pancakes






Above were some of my favorite pics of February so far.

The month of February has been treating us pretty well. We've only had issues with a chest wound. Carson loves to bother this wound in his bed while sleeping (atleast this is what I think). I have changed the ointment that we are using on it to help clean it up. Vinager and water squares everyday also helps the wound that is infected. He doesn't like it very much, actually he is petrified when he sees the water bucket...but a moms gotta do what a moms gotta do. I can't image what it is going to be like when he is bigger than me and I have to hold him down for these types of things. Oh well...time will tell.

This past week Southwest Local School District came out to get paper work transitioned over since Carson will be three soon ( In 1 1/2 months...scary). Anyways they shared what I thought was very good news. They are going to make sure he gets all technology support he needs to strive at home. I was pumped to hear that. I guess sometimes there is good things that come out of EB. Also a preK teacher will be coming out to our house once a week for an hour. I am also excited about that being I am a teacher and all. I see it as a great opportunity to "team teach" Carson.

I have also instigated by email a group of moms who have little boys around the same age as Carson. We are going to start a structured "play date" time once a week. I will use some of the homeschool material I have already been doing for Carson with them as well. It should be good for all involved. The moms need to get out and the kiddos need the social time too. I should be able to post some pics from these times too to remember all the fun we are going to have.

The snow in February so far is rediculous. We are having a snow day again today. We already have about 8 inches of snow on the ground from last weeks snow storm, but now we are going to get another 6-8 inches by the end of today. The one good thing from this is Carson and I get to be with Daddy more since he doesn't go into work on these snowy days. Instead Dave works in the basement and comes up to visit with us during "potty breaks, lunch, nap, and dinner".

We've started planning for our third annual Walk for Eb this month. I am started to get excited about this now that Carson is older and I can get more involved. It feels good to have a purpose for something and have such strong connection to research that will affect our lives. I thank God for all those Doctor's who are working so hard for my son. I have so much faith that a cure or something that will help Carson's daily living will come about.

No comments:

Post a Comment